INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us, including when you:
- register to use the site;
- purchase a product on the site;
- use the site;
- review one of our products or post content to public pages on the site;
- communicate with us via the site or via email; and
- sign up to receive marketing information about our products and services.
We may also collect information at other points on our site with your consent and with notice to you. Please note that we may use third party service providers to help operate the site and to provide analytical data with respect to the site and these third party service providers may collect Personal Information from our Site for these purposes.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to facilitate and improve our services, and communicate with you.
- Internal and Service-Related Usage – We use and retain information, including your information you provide, to create and secure your account, identify you as a user in our system, process your purchases and to administer, improve and facilitate the site and our services.
- Communications – We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account, respond to your enquiries, to process your purchases and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service or system maintenance.
- Marketing – We may use information about you, including Personal Information, to send you information about www.shopNK.ca products and services, in accordance with applicable law. You can choose to unsubscribe from receiving this information at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in each email or by contacting us. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to marketing emails, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the site, such as service announcements or Account information, where applicable .
- Targeted Advertising – We may combine your information and technical information to help us deliver targeted advertising to consumers that is displayed on both www.shopNK.ca and unaffiliated websites, to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement. We believe that the use of such information is helpful to providing users with better services that are more tailored to their interests and needs.
- Technical Information – We may use anonymized, aggregated or other technical data for marketing, analysis, research and product development purposes. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of the site, enabling us to improve our site and services, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. We may enhance any such anonymized and aggregated data collected via our Site with other information collected from our business partners.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- with your permission for the purpose(s) noted at the time such permission is sought;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- to protect and defend our rights and property.
We may share your information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are authorized to use your information only as necessary and in accordance with this policy to provide these services to us, including:
- registering your Account;
- fulfilling orders;
- delivering orders;
- communicating with you about your order;
- payment processing;
- verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- sending, evaluating and improving marketing communications; and
- detecting, preventing and remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We may also authorize third party service provides to use anonymized technical information only as necessary in order to provide the following services to us:
- conducting research and analysis;
- conducting marketing analytics and measurement, including through Google Analytics;
- measuring and improving the performance of the site; and
- developing and improving www.shopNK.ca products and services.
DISPLAYING TO OTHER USERS
The content you post to the site may be displayed. Other users of the site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name, if you submit a product review. We are not responsible for privacy practices or actions of other users who will view and potentially use the posted information. As previously mentioned, we may use all or part of product reviews and customer testimonials in our advertising and marketing. While we will attempt to delete any sensitive information you provide, please take this into consideration if you choose to disclose your information.
AS REQUIRED BY LAW AND SIMILAR DISCLOSURES
We may access, preserve, and disclose your information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your information, other account information, and content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your, our or others’ rights, property or safety, or to investigate fraud.
MERGER, SALE, OR OTHER ASSET TRANSFERS
PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to, processed and/or stored in a foreign jurisdiction outside of the jurisdiction in which it was originally collected. As a result, your personal information may be subject to the laws of such foreign jurisdiction and may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such foreign jurisdiction.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our site. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk. The site also contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our site. You should be aware that information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. We follow generally accepted standards to protect your information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. By using the site or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the site. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may revise this policy, so please review it periodically. If you continue to visit this site and use the services made available to you after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes. If we make any material changes in the way we use your information, we will notify you by email through the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a prominent notice of the changes on the site.